gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

From: Jim Thompson
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 13:28:29 -0500

So is there an opinion among this esteemed group on the Trimble Copernicus-II?

http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-501977/Copernicus-II_DS.pdf

I've got one of these on a module, which will mate to a matching connector on a
Xscale ixp425-based board, with the PPS signal tied to a GPIO.
Runs OpenWRT/GPSD, should have the integration done in < a week.  (Hey, it's my
50th birthday Friday.. I might take the weekend off.)

The datasheet says "Stable indoor PPS in Stationary Mode", -160 dBm tracking
sensitivity, and PPS (Stationary Mode "indoor" @ –145dBm) of +/- 350ns.
Add a bit of interrupt latency, and we're probably still under 1uS.

Only 1+4 100Mbps Ethernet out of the board though.   Does POE, so it's simple
to remote on a pole.  Have solid outdoor cases, too.  Adding 802.11 is trivial.

But not $30, either.

Jim