gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

From: Ed W
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 11:07:13 +0100

On 08/05/2012 08:58, Dave Taht wrote:
The internet escaped the lab a long time ago. Yes, lab work is needed.
But for a change, I'd like the reality to be tested, and the lab work
to line up with reality. And the tools used, to be trustable. And the
results, repeatable.

I think we agree except on the point that the real world is repeatable. That's the very thing which it isn't in my opinion and where the models come in. Lets not let this deteriorate into postulating the grand theory of everything - what I mean by models is usually extracting some facet of reality into a repeatable situation and then analysing just that piece

Ed W