gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Improving the GPSD logo?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Improving the GPSD logo?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 03:00:24 -0400

Dave Taht <address@hidden>:
> As much as I like tux, gpsd runs on everything, so does codel, so
> we can lose the penguin...

I'm not really attached to the penguin.  The GPSD logo looks the way
it does because I'm not a visual artist - I swiped that image from a
defunct open-source project (some kind of solver library that I only
vaguely remember) removed some obtrusive text from Tux's tummy, and
fixed up some other details.

Trouble is, I haven't thought up anything compelling to replace it -
nor has anyone made a better suggestion.  The Open Source logo is a
flat graphic that wouldn't mix well visually with an image of a GPS
satellite.

Copying this to the GPSD dev list, maybe someone there will have a
creative brainstorm....