gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] scan-build of gpsd fixed

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: [gpsd-dev] scan-build of gpsd fixed
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:49:29 +0200

Hi,

due to scons trying to help the developer to have a reproducable build
environment by cleaning the environment[1], scan-build did not work at
all since the introduction of scons. As it made me wonder that the gpsd
code didn't show defects for such a long time, I started to dig into it
and made building with non-gcc compilers and scan-build work again
[2][3]. Nightly results should show up at

http://devel.recluse.de/~bzed/scan-build/gpsd

again.

Cheers,

Bernd

[1] Imho that is NOT a build-system's job, it is the developer's
resposibility to find a reproducable way to do builds, using whatever
he needs - for example $variable set in the environment.
[2]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git/commit/?id=07450186f0a43665bd8e9e8050cbdf8c0c809d0d
[3]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gpsd.git/commit/?id=26881d1bc8a7433cdf1b848fdd1e8f092cc73649