gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Running regression tests

From: christian Gagneraud
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Running regression tests
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:46:57 +0100

On 05/20/2012 05:59 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
christian Gagneraud<address@hidden>:
I'm trying to run regression tests against sample.aivdm. The test
failed because regress-driver outputs in JSON format while the check
file is in DSV format.

'scons aivdm-regress' runs the regression test without error here.

I saw that I can generate DSV with devtools/ais.py, but i can't find
a way to get regress-driver do the same.

gpsdecode -c is how you make the DSV format.  Take a look at the
command that scons aivdm-regress generates.

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for the details.
As I'm almost done with the DAC1/FID11 stuff, I decided to add 2 sentences in test/sample.aivdm and update test/sample.aivdm.chk accordingly, then I wanted to update test/synthetic-ais.json and test/synthetic-ais.json.chk, and i'm now facing some issues.
In this file it is said:
# Synthetic test load designed to exercise the AIS JSON parser
# These are JSON dumps of the packets in the Schwehr testload,
# via gpsdecode -j -u <test/sample.aivdm

So I tried to update it with the given command, but there's quite some differences (apart for my 2 new sentences):
- All entries are different because of an added field: "device":"stdin"
- 2 Type8/DAC366/FID22 are replaced with 2 DAC366/FID56:
- For the first one, only the FID number is different (same payload, MMSI, ...)
  - For the second one, MMSI, FID and payload are all different
- A type 15 have been added
- A type 24 have been replaced by another type 24
- A type 24 have been added
- 2 type 5 have been addded

Attached is a diff, after removing the extra "device":"stdin" for clarity.

I don't see what i can do for the added sentence other than updating the file. But the 2 Type8/DAC366/FID22 look suspicious to me. What do you think?

In the mean time, I've just updated synthetic-ais.json and test/synthetic-ais.json.chk with my 2 new sentences so that i can test the JSON idempotency.

Regards,
Chris