gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: Patch tp prevent call to ntpd_link_* for driver_nmea

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RFC: Patch tp prevent call to ntpd_link_* for driver_nmea2000
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 12:50:35 -0700

Yo Reinhard!

On Wed, 30 May 2012 12:33:44 -0700
"Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think I see your problem now, in that the ioctl(TIOCMWAIT) fails on
> the CAN device.  So what you need to do is come up with a patch that
> stops the PPS thread from startnig but allows the ntpd shared memory
> to be allocated.  Should be easy to do.

Looks like you got it right in patch:
        b15fce1a9505cc2ae0bd5c003e3ec7fd95659204

I there are other broken parts in that area, but not your problem.  Someone
has misunderstood the relationship between PPS_ENABLE, and having TIOCMWAIT.
It is supposed to be possible to do PPS w/o TIOCMWAIT if kernel PPS is
enabled, but that has been munged.  The BSD people will have to fix it,
if they care.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588