gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] json.h, hex.c: 2 potentially "hot" commits

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: [gpsd-dev] json.h, hex.c: 2 potentially "hot" commits
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 07:08:30 +0100

Hi Eric, all,

I'm close to fix all the bugs unveiled by my live test campaign, but for some of them, I have 2 potentially "hot" commits:
- json.h: Change JSON_VAL_MAX from 120 to 512
This is to allow the parsing long hexdump (data fields), the longest JSON string I saw was 389 characters long - hex.c: gpsd_hexdump(): revert commit 9f6ab53d, that try to text dump instead of hex-dump if the data is "printable", the problem is that lenhex_unpack from ais_jsonc.c expect hex dumps, not hex or text. Trying to get lenhex_unpack guess if it's hex or text sounds dirty to me and is asking for more trouble IMHO.

What do you think about these Eric? Do they seem acceptable for you?

Chris

--
Christian Gagneraud,
Embedded systems engineer.