gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Fw: Re: Virtual devices (as a solutio n to multiple sources

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Fw: Re: Virtual devices (as a solutio n to multiple sources location)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:44:22 +0200

Hello,

i have implemented each physical device on the nmea2000 bus as a
device in gpsd.

For a user, it look like each device is connected by it's own serial
link.

So a gpsd listen to the position sources, but also to other sources
like wind speed and direction,

the sounder, the log, ais and so on.

The intermediate daemon has to collect the data from the position
sources,

merge them into one position, and forward them to the second gpsd.

In a system with separate links, i would connect all the other (non
position) sensors to the second gpsd.

In my opinion, the intermediate daemon should simply forward all non
position data.

The intermediate deamon could also feed the position data back to its
own daemon,

if we all agree to introduce something like a default device,

may be set by a command to the control port, that all clients use,

that do no wish to connect to a special device.

Reinhard

-----Original-Nachricht-----