gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: Re: Virtual devices (as a solution to multiple source

From: Olivier Cornu
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Fw: Re: Virtual devices (as a solution to multiple sources location)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:15:46 +0200

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Olivier Cornu <address@hidden> wrote:
> If the mixer layer is a daemon, it will proxy all location events too:
> we just need to *add* streams (like best guess location), not remove
> any.

I feel i need to emphasize this bit: basically, we only need to add
another (TPV, SKY?) stream. From an architectural point of view,
building a whole daemon for this sole purpose is overkill. We only
need to add one virtual device.
All the duplicate effort required should flash as an architectural warning sign…

--
Olivier Cornu