gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] ARM/uClibc build problem

From: Simon Dawson
Subject: [gpsd-dev] ARM/uClibc build problem
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 10:36:25 +0100

Using Buildroot, I'm cross compiling gpsd 3.7 for ARM, using uClibc.
The build is falling over with the following error.

  gpsmon.o: In function `monitor_fixframe':
  gpsmon.c:(.text+0x264): undefined reference to `acs_map'
  monitor_nmea.o: In function `nmea_update':
  monitor_nmea.c:(.text+0xbc0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  scons: *** [gpsmon] Error 1

I'm working around this by adding the following line to the gpsmon.c
and monitor_nmea.c source files.

  unsigned long acs_map[128];

What I'm wondering is whether there might be a way of resolving this
issue in a less ugly way --- preferably, directly in the gpsd build
system. Does anybody have any suggestions?