gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Scaled AIS JSON messages...

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Scaled AIS JSON messages...
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:43:42 +0100

On 22/08/12 10:21, Christian Gagneraud wrote:
On 22/08/12 09:13, address@hidden wrote:
Hello,

Hi Reinhard,

as much as i understand, the course in the gpsd ais type 1 message is
scaled by ten, but the heading is not.

Correct.

During test with the nmea2000 ais decoder, i see no difference for
the course value, it is scaled by ten regardless if scaled is true a
false.

You are right, in scaled mode the course is not scaled. This is a
mistake in gpsd_json.c.

Should i insert the course value also only as a number between 0 and
359?

No, you should fill the structure with the raw course value (scaled by
ten).

I just had a quick look at your code in driver_nmea.c, and I noticed that you're filling the AIS structure with double values. This is wrong you should fill the structure with raw (unscaled, integer) values.
If you need help, let me know, i'll be happy to contribute.

Chris

Chris

Thank you

Reinhard