gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Mingw port

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Mingw port
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 04:08:53 -0400

Jon Schlueter <address@hidden>:
> one walkthrough that would allow you to see the patches and work with them.
>
> go to the github page, grab the read only git link for the branch
> => git://github.com/ukyg9e5r6k7gubiekd6/gpsd.git
>
> clone it locally
> git clone git://github.com/ukyg9e5r6k7gubiekd6/gpsd.git gpsd-github-cleanup
> cd  gpsd-github-cleanup
> git branch -a
> git checkout cleanups
> git format-patch master
>
> This will generate a series of patches that could be applied or reviewed
> you can also look through the commit history on github web page and
> download the same patches from individual commits if you only want one
> or two of them.

Not quite right, actually.  I had to do 'git checkout remotes/origin/cleanup'
rather than 'git checkout cleanups'.  But I have the patch sequence now.

Most of them look useful and unproblematic.  0009 is slightly wrong - unsigned
int constants want a 'u' suffix rather than the 'U' for longs.

I'm reviewing, and will probably apply most of these.