gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Getting ready to ship 3.8

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Getting ready to ship 3.8
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:53:49 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like to do a point release soon. No one big reason, but we've had
an accumulation of minor fixes, feature additions, and packaging
tweaks that I want to get out the door.

However, there are two reported segfault errors - Debian bug #689187
in gpsfake and Savannah bug #37451 in gpsmon - which I haven't been
able to reproduce. They may point at a difficult-to-invoke bug in the
NMEA driver.  Due to these, we're currently in state Red.

The bug reports are here:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?37451

All experienced devs: please try to reproduce these and see
if you can generate any insights.

.. a government and its agents are under no general duty to
provide public services, such as police protection, to any
particular individual citizen...
        -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)