gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.9: TCP feed

From: Fulup Le Foll
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.9: TCP feed
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 11:03:54 +0200

FYI

I run a gpsd (V3.7) permanently that received a TCP feed from external source without any trouble. My gpsd has now been running for more than one month and TCP feed has been proven very stable.

This being said, I noted that when a TCP source disappear temporarily gpsd does not automatically reconnected onto it. I think this feature can be considered as a bug.

On the same track when using default gpsd client library, when a given gpsd-client loose connection to gpsd server, it does not reconnect automatically. I handle this constrains manually into gps2udp code, unfortunately has it is not a builtin facility, product like OpenCPN than uses gpsd-client library have to be restart each time your get a temporary breakdown of gpsd connection to find back its GPS data.

Fulup