gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GPS week wraparound

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GPS week wraparound
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:39:04 -0700

address@hidden said:
> Before the almanac is received, the device is working with the leap-seconds
> correction before the June 30,2012 leap- second.

Thanks for the heads up on that one.  Harlan: Should we file a bug to track
it?

I think we can catch some of that with logic similar to the GPS week rollover
fixes.  That is we compile a constant into the code and either reject the
time or fix it up if it used an earlier leap second offset.  The fix-it
approach only works until another leap second is added, but we might be able
to get a recent offset from the file system.

Does NMEA provide a standard way to get the number of leap seconds?  I don't
think so, but I might have missed it.  How many NMEA devices have their own
way?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.