gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GPS week wraparound

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GPS week wraparound
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:47:48 -0700

address@hidden said:
> The combination of PPS with NTP time should be reliable
> regardless of what the local system clock gets up to.

> I left out my worries about bufferbloat-induced NTP clock skew...

It's probably worth mentioning that you are assuming buffer bloat and friends
are not causing troubles.

I have a 384 DSL line.  I regularly see queueing delays of over 3 seconds.  I
don't remember ever seeing offsets of over a second, but many hundreds of ms
are common.  It wouldn't surprise me if somebody had a slower link that would
kick the offset over 1 second.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.