gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] 3.10 release objectives

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] 3.10 release objectives
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:44:04 -0400 (EDT)

All my pending issues and feature-list things I wanted for 3.10
are resolved.  The only open FR I'm seriously pursuing is AIS
support for St. Lawrence Seaway and PAWSS messages.

It's time to move towards a 3.10 release.  There's been a lot of good
work done recently; the improvements to the UBX driver alone would
merit a release.

Now that the driver-switching logic has been resolved, I'm declaring
us to be in release state 1 (blue): There are no known blocker
bugs. 'make testregress' passes,

Our next step is to live-test the problem-children (USB Garmin and
serial PPS).

Gary Miller: please decide and say whether you have a reasonable
chance of being able to do libusb integration within the next week
(addressing our only current tracker bug).  If not, we'll let that fix
slide to 3.11.

I'd like to cut a release before 1 November