gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS and privilege-dropping

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS and privilege-dropping
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:39:15 -0700

Yo Hal!

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:26:19 -0700
Hal Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'll buy that.  Got a citation so we can add it to the howto with
> > attribution?
>
> An alternative is to rephrase the relevant text to use plain English
> rather than Millsspeak.

Suggestions for the howto encouraged.  OTOH, the jargon is out there
and part of the howto should be helping the reader read and relate our
advice to the advice given by others.  The alternative to using the
standard (RFC1305) terminology is to invent our own.  Then most readers
would be right to think we wre living in our own bubble.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588