gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Very basic PPS question:

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Very basic PPS question:
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:17:03 -0700

> 1) devices grabs raw fix data at PPS edge
> 2) device computes fix from raw fix data
> 3) device emites a fix report

I think you are reading between the lines way too much when you try to
explain how/why it works.

The right answer is because the documentation says so.  The firmware can
easily do it either way.

Some NMEA devices are off by a second.  I assume that's because their
software geeks didn't read the documentation and/or didn't understand it, or
maybe just got it wrong and nobody noticed.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.