gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Clarifications needed for the time-service HOWTO

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Clarifications needed for the time-service HOWTO
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:34:28 -0700

Yo Erie!

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:49:49 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> You said you thought 10mSec for Statum 2 is more typical.  So did I,
> then Gary changed that to 100mSec.  I'm still looking for actual
> measurements.
>
> Gary, what was your source?

Nothing I can cite.  Just my gut feel.  It has much more to do with
your last mile than the server.

Eic, you have been running for a while, what do you see?

Best way to play this game is not to play.  We can't agree on 'typical'
so just don't go there.  Just say that stratum is just a hop count.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588