gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Time Service HOWTO in nearly final form; please review

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Time Service HOWTO in nearly final form; please review
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:31:32 -0400 (EDT)

I revamped the discussion of NTP time error, incorporating recent
discussion. If there are more things that should go in the list
of negative factors, please speak up.

Sanjeev Gupta submitted a bunch of changes that affect the
NTP tuning section in small but possibly significant ways;
Beat and Gary, at least, should review carefully.

I've scheduled my own run of these instructions for Sunday.

To stay young requires the unceasing cultivation of the ability to
unlearn old falsehoods.
        -- Lazarus Long