gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:06:29 -0400

Thanks for the two fixes - they work for me.

  > 3) curses/curses_dll.h was not found, even though it's in $prefix, and
  > I was unable to find a --with-ncurses=prefix argument to scons from
  > reading the help output (to cause the corresponding -I and -L/-R
  > arguments).

  curses/curses_dll.h?  What?  Where does GPSD use that? No grep hits...

So, this is included by something else in ncurses, and apparently the
bug is that ncurses-config says the include path is
/usr/pkg/include/ncurses, but its own includes expect /usr/pkg/include.

Regardless, I am trying to pass -I/usr/pkg/include and -L/R because on
NetBSD lots of expected stuff is in pkgsrc rather than the base system.
This ought to be doable, I think, separately from the ncurses bugs.

So I am doing:

CPPPATH="/usr/pkg/include" \
LIBPATH="/usr/pkg/lib" \
    scons prefix=/usr/pkg

but getting the following (on rerunning to elide successful stuff, of
which there is a lot).

Reading SConstruct, it seems ncurses' cppflags and libs are stuck
together, rather than the usual build/link separation.

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking if compiler accepts -Wextra ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wall ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-uninitialized ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-missing-field-initializers ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wcast-align ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-declarations ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-prototypes ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wstrict-prototypes ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wpointer-arith ...(cached) yes
Checking if compiler accepts -Wreturn-type ...(cached) yes
Checking for chrpath... (cached) yes
Checking whether the C++ compiler works(cached) yes
Checking for ncurses... (cached) no
Checking for ncurses5-config... (cached) yes
Checking for libusb-1.0... (cached) yes
Checking for C library librt... (cached) yes
Checking for C library libcap... (cached) no
Checking for bluez... (cached) no
Checking for C header file sys/timepps.h... (cached) no
You do not have kernel PPS available.
Checking for C header file linux/can.h... (cached) no
You do not have kernel CANbus available.
Checking for C function daemon()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function strlcpy()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function strlcat()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function clock_gettime()... (cached) yes
Checking for C function pselect()... (cached) yes
checking endianess ... (cached) little
Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) yes
Checking for QtNetwork... (cached) no
Altered configuration variables:
nmea2000 = False (default True): NMEA2000/CAN support
bluez = False (default True): BlueZ support for Bluetooth devices
prefix = /usr/pkg (default /usr/local): installation directory prefix
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -o cgps.o -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -O2 -I/usr/pkg/include/ncurses
cgps.c
In file included from cgps.c:93:0:
/usr/pkg/include/ncurses/curses.h:60:33: fatal error: ncurses/ncurses_dll.h: No
such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scons: *** [cgps.o] Error 1