gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] regresssion from 2011: git head fails to build on NetBSD
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:08:06 -0700

address@hidden said:
> It's a little trickier than that.  Look for the section on chrpath in the
> build.txt file.

Thanks.

build.txt has a section that says:
> If your link fails with a message like "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgps", you
> need to install chrpath.  Note that after you have done so, you may need to
> run 'scons --config=force' to override the scons configuration cache's
> belief that chrpath isn't there.

but on my setup, "scons" didn't fail, only "scons check", and by then I
assumed my setup was reasonable.

You might look into making just plain "scons" give an error message if
chrpath isn't available.  I don't understand that area, but I'd be happy to
type some magic command (or edit a file) if I really want to build without
chrpath.

----------

What's the scons equivalent of "make clean"?  How do I get rid of all the
stuff that scons made so I can start over after installing chrpath?

[I threw away the whole directory and did a new git clone, but there must be
a better way.]

---------

scons check now says:

Regression test FAILED: 3 errors in 83 tests total (0 not found).
The following test Failed:
"test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-3dfix.log"
"test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-playacar.log"
"test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq.log"
Elapsed time: 150
scons: *** [gps-regress] Error 3

Is that what is expected?

Above that summary is lots and lots of printout including stuff like this:

Processing test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-3dfix.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gpsfake", line 182, in <module>
    test.gps_add(logfile, speed=speed, pred=fakehook)
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gps/fake.py", line 481, in gps_add
    progress=self.progress)
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gps/fake.py", line 251, in __init__
    [iflag, oflag, cflag, lflag, ispeed, ospeed, cc])
termios.error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Processing test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq-playacar.log
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gpsfake", line 182, in <module>
    test.gps_add(logfile, speed=speed, pred=fakehook)
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gps/fake.py", line 481, in gps_add
    progress=self.progress)
  File "/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd/gps/fake.py", line 251, in __init__
    [iflag, oflag, cflag, lflag, ispeed, ospeed, cc])

Processing test/daemon/trimble-lassen_iq.log

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.