gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] autobaud

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] autobaud
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 10:24:20 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 07:25:58 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> > For some reason tonight's gpsd head will not sync to my NMEA SiRF
> > running at 38400 bps.  Something broken in the autobaud.
>
> Verify 3.9, then bisect?

It worked a few days ago.  No time to bisect, I'm busy just finding your
bugs.  You broke it, you fix it.  I have more bugs and fixes in my queue
but not nailed down enough to report.

> Far as I know nobody has messed with the autobauding sequence
> recently. And if NMEA were broken the regression tests woulfd make
> that stick out like a sore thumb.

I agree, nothing broken with the NMEA, but it never tries to autobaud
which the regressions can't test for.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588