gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] autobaud

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] autobaud
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:17:39 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> It worked a few days ago.  No time to bisect, I'm busy just finding your
> bugs.  You broke it, you fix it.  I have more bugs and fixes in my queue
> but not nailed down enough to report.

Autobauding to 38400 is working here with a BU-353 (SiRF II).  In gpsmon
I can switch from 4800 to 38400 and back with the expected results.

To make double sure, I set the BU-353 to 38400, used stty to set the
port speed to 9600, and then watched gpsd -D 5 -N -n sync to 38400
successfully.

I did notice that the hunt sequence took noticeably longer than it had
last time I tested this - each hunt step was a bit over a second.  I think
this is because we keep increasing the size of the incoming-packet buffer
to deal with various strange non-NMEA devices - this implicitly increases
the amount of data the autobaud logic sniffs before stepping to the next
speed/parity/stopbits possibility.

Maybe you're not waiting long enough?