gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] The carnivorous config bug

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] The carnivorous config bug
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 14:58:09 -0700

> The questio here is what the predicate for "unexpected" should be.

I was thinking of anything that was different from the defaults and not
specified on the command line.

I want to automate as much as possible to help test the latest bits and
minimize the opportunity of overlooking problems as stuff scrolls off the
screen.  I want the build environment to bail as soon as something strange
happens.  I'm willing to tell it what I expect.  For example, I don't have
any bluetooth stuff.   Anything else is strange.

If you can't fix the build environment, I should be able to write a wrapper
that would check the log files.

---------

I was thinking of two scripts.  The first would get a clean local copy of the
bits:
  (git clone is too slow)
  git pull
  scons --clean and whatever
  rsync to other boxes

The second step would be to ssh to each box and do:
    run a script that does:
      scons <local-args-go-here>
      scons check
    if all looks good