gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Disturbing numbers

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Disturbing numbers
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:01:06 -0800

> BTW: On my Ubuntu 14.04 (sic), I do not have klogd, nor on my wheezy (which
> runs gpsd).

That was just a handy example, probably from the top of my pack-rat
collection of log files.  Recent Linux kernels and/or distros may be better
or just different.

grep your /var/log/messages (or wherever) for "MHz".  You will get some
cruft, but I think you will find something that reports the CPU speed.
Reboot several times to see how stable it is.

This is a good example of the complexity of this topic.  Various versions of
various OSes (and various distros) do slightly different things.  On top of
that, consider various versions of gpsd and ntpd.

In addition, at least on Linux, you have a choice of several clock sources.
Poke around in
  /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
  /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
and friends.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.