gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Working towards 3.10 release

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Working towards 3.10 release
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 22:15:24 -0500 (EST)

Here is my list of current issues between us and a 3.10 release:

* I'm hoping Greg Troxel and I can figure out why the TCP-source
  regression tests are failing on *BSD and fix that.  (Note: this is
  not a new bug, it's an old one that my test framework was not good
  enough to detect and reproduce until early last week.)

* Final form of the endianness check in driver_rtcm2.c is not yet
  settled. (Practically speaking this is really a BSD port problem.)

* Time Service HOWTO needs to get put in shippable form, and the
  discussion has wanfered far off into the weeds. Experts, please try
  to get your patches in by Monday evening so I can do an edit for
  brevity mid-next-week.

Things that would be nice to have fixed, but which I don't consider 3.10
blockers:

* The combination of gpsmon with the GR601-W still sometimes produces
  display flapping.

* The raw-regress test (not part of the normal sequence) is less broken now,
  but still not working properly.

Stuff that seems resolved, unless someone needs to re-open it,

* Sporadic autobaud bugginess.

* PPS, privilege-dripping, and initialization race conditions.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
        -- L. Neil Smith