gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] My issue queue is empty

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] My issue queue is empty
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 10:59:44 -0500

Sanjeev Gupta <address@hidden>:
> When I run ./gpsmon, I see the PPS line flow by, but the PPS Offset is not
> updated.

Watch your daemon at -D 2 to see what offset from PPS time it is
reporting.  If that offset remains at zero, probably something is wrong with
our PPS thread logic.  If it's not zero, then something is wrong with
the gpsmon code itself.

>  Also, the _values_ displayed in the form (not the headers) get
> blanked and repainted each second.

I don't know what you mean by the "form" or the "headers".

> Thirdly, I still see the "garbage" in the top right.

That seems to be because ncurses is not blanking the entire screen
before painting the gpsmon windows. The garbage  is just what was on
the dispsy before.  I've added a call that invalidates the screen state
before the clear at initialization time, which may fix this.