gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] NetBSD and FreeBSD

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] NetBSD and FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:40:15 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden> writes:

> I just did a git pull.
>
> The endian problems on NetBSD and FreeBSD (if that's what the problem was)
> are gone, at least on my setups.  [There is a chance that I fatfingered
> something and the fix was actually much earlier, but I put that stuff in a
> script to make it harder to forget a step.]

thanks for the report.

> From NetBSD:
>
> Regression test FAILED: 2 errors in 87 tests total (0 not found).
> The following test Failed:
> "test/daemon/tcp-test.log"
> "test/daemon/tcp-torture.log"
> Elapsed time: 658
> scons: *** [gps-regress] Error 2
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> I'll go experiment with the delays.

I am not sure, but those tests are not known to be delay related, and
they fail every single time.  Lots of other tests are flaky, more so on
faster machines.

> FreeBSD ran all the way through.  This is the first time I've seen that

It's good to hear FreeBSD works.  Is sys/timepps.h detected?  On NetBSD
it needs sys/time.h first, which gpsd doesn't do.

Here's my build/test script.  I would be curious to see the output on
FreeBSD (which I should have in a vm, but don't, for no good reason
other than low spare time).