gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:08:30 -0800

I think there are two glitches:

On fedora, scons install is re-linking stuff.  A scons after a scons install
relinks them again.

I do a git pull, scons -c, rm -r .sco*, then rsync to other machines.  I'm
using  --cvs-exclude with rsync (trying to reduce clutter).  Is there
anything unreasonable about using rsync?

On the rsync-ed to machines, running "scons" again relinks things.  I did a
git clone on one of them and then "scons; scons" worked correctly.

How does scons decide to compile or link things?

--------

PS:
  There is an extra -lcap when building gpsd.

gcc -o gpsd -pthread -Wl,-rpath=/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd2
-Wl,-rpath=//usr/local/lib gpsd.o ntpshm.o shmexport.o dbusexport.o -L.
-L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lcap -lgpsd -lgps -lm -lcap

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.