gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Progress

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Progress
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 18:55:41 -0500 (EST)

I think the gpsmon mess is finally stabilizing.

I had written this:

>My still open pre-3.10 issues:
>
>1. gpsmon's PPS offset display shows zero when I think it should not.
>
>2. gpsmon display flashing.  I keep thinking I have this fixed only
>   to have it come back.  I think I know what causes it, but my
>   attempts to fix it keep leaking.
>
>3. gpsctl client mode baud-rate changes don't work.
>
>4. I need to follow the Time Service HOWTO instructions through.
>
>5. I should document gpsmon's -a option.

Items 1, 2, and 5 are now done.  I won't guarantee the gpsmon display
will never flap, but at least it won't flap on receipt of PPS packets.

Strict gun laws are about as effective as strict drug laws...It pains
me to say this, but the NRA seems to be right: The cities and states
that have the toughest gun laws have the most murder and mayhem.
        -- Mike Royko, Chicago Tribune