gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 01:02:35 -0800

>> There is still the problem of scons-install relinking things.
> Yes, I think we know why that is now; revision.h.

No, even if revision.h is in git mode, scons install relinks things.

Here is the printout from scons:
gcc -o gpsd -pthread -Wl,-rpath=/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd2
-Wl,-rpath=//usr/local/lib gpsd.o ntpshm.o shmexport.o dbusexport.o -L.
-L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lcap -lgpsd -lgps -lm -lcap

Here is the printout from scons install:
gcc -o gpsd -pthread -Wl,-rpath=/home/murray/gpsd/gpsd2
-Wl,-rpath=scratchinstall/usr/local/lib gpsd.o ntpshm.o shmexport.o
dbusexport.o -L. -Lscratchinstall/usr/local/lib -lrt -lcap -lgpsd -lgps -lm
-lcap

I don't know how the rpath stuff works and/or how it interacts with chrpath.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.