gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpsmon: says 8N1N1, missing error msg

From: Hal Murray
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon: says 8N1N1, missing error msg
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:28:38 -0800

cut-paste from the upper left corner:
  /dev/ttyUSB2 9600 8N1N1
That's talking direct to a Sure board sending NMEA.

How long should it take for gpsmon to get started if it's talking to a NMEA
board at 9600?  Sometimes it takes close to 10 seconds.

--------

I'm expecting something like this:
  gpsmon:ERROR: PPS ioctl(TIOCMIWAIT) failed: 25 Inappropriate ioctl for
device

Sometimes I see it, but only after exiting gpsmon.  But sometimes it isn't
there.
I just saw one on the blank screen while it was trying to figure out what
type of device it was talking to.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.