gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?

From: Paul Fertser
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 12:48:03 +0400

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 03:22:32AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> We want to build with the freshest possible version of the leap-second offset.
> It's wanted for time reporting before the device loads an ephemeris.

Actually, the GPS-UTC offset is part of the almanac (see e.g. [1],
"word" 9, byte 1 of SubFrame 4). That's an important distinction to
make since 30 seconds are enough (in ideal conditions) to download the
whole ephemeris (for a given satellite) but obtaining full almanac
requires at least 12.5 minutes.

HTH
mailto:address@hidden