gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS offset fields and regression testing

From: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS offset fields and regression testing
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:04:04 -0600

I'll dig out the OnCore this weekend and hook it up.

gerry

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Eric S. Raymond <address@hidden> wrote:
There is an item in the TODO:

    **** In gpsmon's PPS Offset field

    Presently PPS Offset is displayed in direct mode for NMEA, SiRF, and
    UBX devices.  Others should probably do likewise, notably the
    Motorola Oncore and Garmin drivers.

Actually the challenge may be a bit broader than that.  Here is a list
of all the gpsmon monitors that (a) are GPSes, and (b) don't already
display PPS offset: monitor_garmin.c, monitor_italk.c, monitor_oncore.c,
and monitor_superstar2.c.

Questions

1. Do the iTalk and Superstar2 devices deliver PPS?  If not, we can
cross them off the list of devices that need this enhancement.

2. Has anyone got a Motorala OnCore they can capture a binary log from?
We need it for the regression-test suite anyway, and if I had it to run
through gpsfake I could add the feature to monitor_oncore.c myself.

3. Same question about Garmin binary, except I know Gary Miller has
one. Gary: the only Garmin logs we have  are NMEA. Would you please
check in a binary test pair?
--

A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing
which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety,

--
Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS