gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?

From: Paul Fertser
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Parallel build broken?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:22:46 +0400

Hey,

Skipping all the arguments as an IRC discussion showed we can't agree
on how to read the standard until I see gpsd subframe JSON data myself
on my device.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:41:46PM -0800, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> > > Pretty much everyone I have looked at on a cold start.  When they
> > > have DELTAtlf then they give you UTC, and worse they do not tell
> > > you which is which or when they switch.
> >
> > The MTK devices I've used lately (including the new "uBlox" modules)
> > all reported neither :( It was incorrectly calculated UTC time, with
> > GPS-UTC offset assumed to be the same as during the module production
> > apparently.
>
> And the $64,000 question: how long is it wrong?  Forever?

Until they're able to receive NAV message subframe 4 page 18 which is
transmitted every 12.5 minutes, so in best case scenario that would be
"right now", in the worst case (the signal become too weak for data
transmission but still enough to track position) never.

mailto:address@hidden