gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSD's assumptions about time

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] GPSD's assumptions about time
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:49:29 -0800

>> There was some discussion in the ntp lists a month or two ago about a NMEA
>> device that was broken and going to need this logic.  One of them might
make
>> a handy test case.  I'll try to track down the details if you are
interested.

> I am.

It started on the time-nuts list:
  [time-nuts] Warped back to 1993
  http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2013-August/079197.html
The time-nuts archive stuff often breaks threads into several chunks.  If you
want the whole thing, go back to the Thread index when you get to the end.
Look down a bit to pick up the next chunk.

Then it went over to ntp-questions:
  [ntp:questions] Start of new GPS 1024 week epoch
  http://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/questions/2013-August/035889.html
Lots of noise here.  It's a long thread.

The problem has been observed in
  FURUNO GT-74, GT-77, and GT-80
  Truetime XL-DC (some, not all)

Furuno had a web page:
  http://www.furuno.co.jp/en/news/notice/20130214_001.html

Somewhere in there I saw a comment about using the leap second offset to get
the right epoch.  Sounds like a neat hack.  That would give you 20 years from
the time you built the leap-second table.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.