gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] scons quirks
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:27:37 -0500

Miroslav Lichvar <address@hidden> writes:

> The dynamic linker is normally configured in /etc/ld.so.conf* to
> search in /usr/local/lib too,

That's a Linux-specific notion (which is fine; just pointing it out so
that people don't assume it's true of BSDs and Solaris without
checking).  In particular, while NetBSD supports /etc/ld.so.conf, the
standard configuration does not have such a file.

> otherwise all libgps applications would have to be compiled with RPATH
> set.

Programs that link against libgps should use flags from "pkg-config
--libs libgps", which the gpsd  build should ensure are correct for the
local custom.  In general I would expect -L${PREFIX}/lib
-RR{PREFIX}/lib, at least if PREFIX is other than /usr, which may be
presumed to always be in the search path.