gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Note on climb error modelling

From: Pavel Kirienko
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Note on climb error modelling
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 02:48:39 +0400

Sure.
Here is how it is being computed now:

epc = (epv_old + epv_new) / dt

Obviously this equation implies that EPC depends on the solution
update rate (inversely), and it is unclear why. Assuming that most
(all?) receivers have no gradual accuracy drop with higher update
rates, this equation looks invalid.
I am aware that a similar approach is used for EPS computation and I
consider it incorrect too, but so far I have no better ideas to offer
so let's stick to EPC only.

My approach assumes that EPC is always close to EPS for any given
instant, because this holds for EPV and EPX/Y.

Pavel.