gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd-time-service-howto.txt and 3.11

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsd-time-service-howto.txt and 3.11
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 01:39:58 -0800

[Context is chrpath tangle.]

> That's the only release blocker I know about.  I got fed up with the
> wrangling about it and went off to do other things for a while. 3.11
> probably sometime this week.

I watched the discussion/wrangling.  I didn't see any clean/simple solutions.

---------

I'd like to nominate one more item to the reasonably high priority wish list.

gpsmon doesn't display much timing info.

I don't have any great suggestions.

------

In the NMEA mode, it has a PPS offset stuffed into the GSA block.

I'd be happy if there was a character I could type that would flip the
"Time:" display on the Cooked PVT line at the top to be offset time and/or
PPS offset.

Another possibility would be for an input character to switch from displaying
PPS offset to serial offset.

---

Similarly, in the SIRF mode, there is a PPS offset in the Packet type 7
block, but no hints about the serial (non-PPS) offset.  Again, I don't have
any great suggestions.

I think I could squeeze things like most of the blocks on the lower right so
that the Packet Type line was merged into the block header line.

Another possibility would be a mode to add another line to the display.  I
think a whole line could show both PPS and non-PPS offset.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.