gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] gpscat and garmin_gps module

From: Niall Parker
Subject: [gpsd-dev] gpscat and garmin_gps module
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:45:15 -0800

Hello,

I'm digging a bit deeper into getting heading (magnetic) out of my Oregon 450, various documents point to using gpscat to get at raw data, however it is not clear this is possible for a garmin GPS interfaced via usb and the garmin_gps kernel module... /dev/ttyUSB0 is being created but does not appear to be spitting out any data (or at least not to gpscat ... gpsd does connect and gpspipe can display NMEA sentences).

I asked some similar questions on the gpsd-user ml, hoping this list might provide some more pointers, thx.

            ... Niall