gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Has anybody tried the SiRF S4?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Has anybody tried the SiRF S4?
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:29:52 -0700

address@hidden said:
> What version gpsd are yu using?   gsd keeps breaking and fixing the speed
> change code.

The latest and greatest.  git pull says nothing to do.
gpsmon -V says:
  gpsmon: 3.11~dev (revision release-3.10-130-g6487de5)

It works as expected with a SiRF 3.  I tried various combinations of i, n,
and s.  One case said "not supported" when I thought it should, but that
worked after I stopped/started gpsmon.  It never hung or got the device into
a no-talk state.

> You will be much happier with a uBlox.

Thanks for the reminder.

Do you have a suggested vendor/web-site for low cost units?  I'm happy with
some soldering.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.