gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is *not* imminent yet

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is *not* imminent yet
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 11:23:52 -0400

address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> is there a schedule for the next release?

Not yet.  I was all set to issue one in December, then the whole RPATH
dispute blew up and bothered me so much that I felt I needed to take a
vacation from the wrangling.  Then I got caught up in other projects.

I need to decide to do about RPATH.  Other changes to the codebase have been
minimal since December - it's pretty stable and mature now (which is
why me disappearing for months did no real harm).  I've dealt with all
the tracker bugs except our hardy perennial about USB device
detection.

I have 40 items remaining in my GPSD mailbox after dealing with about 120.
When I get it down to a dozen or so it will probably be reasonable  to
schedule 3.11.

Major post summarizing the issues and positions on RPATH coming up soon.