gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:09:26 +0200

On 03.06.2014 21:11, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
On 05/22/2014 01:15 PM, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
On 22.05.2014 12:33, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
It looks like all the AIVDM failures are in in one place - processing of the trailing binary payload in AIS type 6 in structured messages.
Having stared at the code I now think these regression failures are
spurious and can be banished by zeroing some storage before the
packet parse. I've done that.

Please run another set of tests with the repository head version.

will do.

seems to become worse...

https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=gpsd&ver=3.10%2Bdev3~d6b65b48-1&suite=sid

also there are some bug reports in Debian that need attention -
I'm not sure when I find the time to look at them:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=gpsd&repeatmerged=yes

Most of them should be fixed upstream....