gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] NetBSD-current now has USB PPS support

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] NetBSD-current now has USB PPS support
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:27:30 -0400

Hal Murray <address@hidden> writes:

> Neat/thanks.
>
> Does anybody have a list of which serial/USB chips do/don't work?

The Navisys GR-601W works, with PPS.

In general, if a USB/serial chip works on NetBSD to start with, and CD
works with the chip, and PPS is actually wired up to CD on the serial
side of the chip, then with my change it should do PPS.   But I have no
actual experience with other than the GR-601.

(This change should be easy to make in FreeBSD or OpenBSD; presumably
Linux too but I am unclear on the code and am not sure there's a generic
usb/serial layer abstraction.)