gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] EBADF in main select (Roy Barkas's bug)

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-dev] EBADF in main select (Roy Barkas's bug)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 01:56:35 -0400 (EDT)

A little research indicated that fcntl(fd, F_GETFL, 0) is about the
most lightweight to validate a file descriptor.  Accordingly, I have
added some recovery code to gpsd_await_input().

Roy, please test the head version.  You should no longer get "bad file
descriptor" and termination.

Ideally there's some cleanup actions that should be added, but that
would require a library verson bump of libgpsd - not the user-facing
API so probably OK, but I'd prefer to hold that until after 3.11.

When all government ...in little as in great things... shall be drawn to
Washington as the center of all power; it will render powerless the checks
provided of one government on another, and will become as venal and oppressive
as the government from which we separated."     -- Thomas Jefferson, 1821