gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] 3.11 release is imminent
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 00:29:09 -0400

Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden>:
> also there are some bug reports in Debian that need attention -
> I'm not sure when I find the time to look at them:
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=gpsd&repeatmerged=yes
>
> Most of them should be fixed upstream....

#689187 was reported fixed by Denys Berkovskyy <address@hidden>
back in April after no activity since 2012.  It should be closed.

The last report of #689188 was in 2012 and it was merged with #689187.
It should be closed too.

Those two are the only ones that are potentially release blockers.

I think #649064 is operator error, as your reply points out.

#69766, the Raspberry Pi hotplug failure, is an upstream bug in
Raspbian.  Someone, I think Epperly himself, reported a diagnosis and
fix on the dev list a few months ago; it was very simple, but I've
forgotten the details.  Searching the list archives for "Raspberry Pi"
should turn it up.

#682170, the gpsprof problem, is probably a gnuplot version-skew issue.
I'll fix it, but it's not urgent enough to work on pre-3.11.