gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gps2udp etc...

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gps2udp etc...
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:51:07 -0400

address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> the NMEA2000 part of gpsd works with the current git head in my testbench.

Please have a look at

http://devel.recluse.de/~bzed/scan-build/gpsd/2014-08-21-045605-21475-1/

It turnee up several small glitches in the NMEA 2000 driver.  I already
emailed you about one, looks like there a few others.

> if have seen two typo's in gps2udp.c but i do not want to adopt it:
>
>          fprintf(stderr, "gps2udp: syntaxe is [-u hostname:port] [%s] is not
> a valid hostnamer\n",hostname);
>
> syntaxe and hostnamer

I fixed this.

> and is the line
>
>                 "You must specify one, or more, of -r, -R, or -w\n"
>
> still valid? The printf one line below tells another story.

I think that is a paste remnant from the gpspipe code.  I have
removed it.

> I will have a look a the gpsmon memory leak later, as i am quite busy at the
> moment...

OK, that's not something we need before 3.11 release.