gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Pre-release heads-up
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:32:24 -0400

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:
>> So this message is really a bug report that there's no "qt=no" option.
>
> There is, actually.  It just happens to be named libQgpsmm for hysterical
> raisins.  It's even documented. (Well, they all are.)
>
> Can you live with that, or should I change it to 'qt'?  Not a big deal
> either way.

Well, I could live with it, of course, but I really didn't figure that
out (partly because grepping for QT didn't find it), and I suspect that
means at least some others won't eithe.  There seems to be a tradition
of having options to say "don't do any QT stuff" (or gtk, or whatever),
separate from what would get built.

So I would say to rename the option to qt, and have libQgpsmm be a
(perhaps deprecated) synonym.

The actual problem with QT seems to be that gpsutils.c is built as a C++
program, and there are include files that aren't marked 'extern "C"'.
On my system it blows up in <sys/timepps.h>, which is a C header, not a
C++ header.  I wasn't able to quickly figure out how to put extern
wrappers in.